designerradiators

designerradiators

3 of the best radiator technologies to come out of 2019

Radiators aren't the most interesting of topics but there are a few things that are quite interesting about them and we are going to explore 3 of the best technologies to come out of the radiator industry this year. You never know, by the time you reach the end of this article, you might actually be quite interested in what you just learned...but maybe not, it depends.

Safe to Touch Radiators

Have you ever touched a radiator when it's on full blast, especially a bathroom radiator in Chrome? It hurts a bit, doesn't it? For some reason, this is something that used to happen fairly regularly when I was younger. I don't know if that's a child thing or if British safety standards went up and radiators were no longer allowed to be quite as hot. Either way, touching a full blast radiator is uncomfortable, to say the least, and some of them are downright burny.

Well, thanks to some clever chaps that work within the radiator industry, we can now buy radiators that no longer burn when you touch them but that can still produce enough heat for the room. Don't ask me how they invented them, but safe to touch radiators are the future.

Better Thermostatic Valves

Thermostatic radiator valves have been around a long time now and you can get them for most modern radiators, from cast iron column radiators to compact radiators, somewhere you'll be able to find a thermostatic valve. However, this technology stayed relatively simple and straightforward for the past 10 years or so.

But this year, it is going to change because the technology has moved on and we are now going to see much more adaptable valves. They will have a fine-tuning and will be able to accommodate a much narrower range of temperatures. In other words, these latest generation thermostatic radiator valves are going to allow us even more control over our radiators than ever before.

Some of them even have LED lights to add a little bit of ambience to your room. Pretty cool, huh?

Smart Radiators with Connectivity

Probably my favourite evolution within the radiator industry, and even better than the invention of compact radiators that produce as much heat as larger ones, is the advent of smart radiators. These things are awesome and the connectivity is just getting better year on year.

You can now by special thermostatic radiator valves that allow you to control each individual radiator remotely. That means that you can be in a cabin in the woods in Canada and switch on and off your bedroom heating in England.

I can see this being abused by trollsome family members, but once that novelty has worn off; it's going to be a great technology.

Seriously, how many times have you been laid on the sofa thinking, "It's freezing in here, but I can't be bothered to get up and turn the heating on"?  If you're anything like me, it's a lot. But now you don't have to get up off the sofa. You just use your SmartWatch or smartphone and control your radiator from there. Easy peasy fabulousness.

I hope that you found this article interesting. Some of the gadgets that you can find the radius nowadays so actually quite advanced. They can really improve your home heating.